5lb of turkey crown or whole turkey
2 tspn fresh ginger finely chopped
2 tspn fresh garlic finely chopped
1 tspn salt or as required
3 tspn of lemon juice
2 tspn garam masala
few peppercorn seeds
2 tspn of cumin seeds
2 tspn of chilli powder
1¼ cup of oil approx 300ml
1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
1. Prick the turkey crown all over with a fork.
2. Mix all the spices except the oil and onions, rub the spices over the crown and leave aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Using the oil fry the onions until golden brown and place the marinated turkey crown in the pan and heat in the oil gently until slightly brown.
4. Put foil over the turkey to keep it moist and place in a baking tray and bake on a medium heat for 1 hour or as required until turkey is cooked, please check as the turkey can get dry.
5. When ready slice the crown and serve with roast potatoes and grilled vegetables.
Happy Christmas to all our customers
The Spice Hut, Quesada. Tel. 966 731 063 or 620 386 078 or visit www.spicehut-quesada.com